Working in my Underwear

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Stripping down for my first day in Toronto



I am currently sitting in my new apartment munching on almond clusters and drinking green tea, so you can see, I have basically made myself at home here in Toronto. I could be out exploring but right now I am in need of rest. I got a lot of exploring in yesterday, not all of it intentional.

I walked to the Elite office in the morning to meet everyone, take digitals, and switch my pictures into my new portfolio and then I had to travel over an hour outside of downtown for a photo shoot. I’m still not sure how I managed to end up on the wrong bus but I did. All I can say is thank god I’m still in Canada so I could use Google maps on my phone. After well over an hour of traveling, I ended up hopping off the bus when it was neighbouring the location and calling a taxi take me the rest of the way – which by then only took ten minutes. It was stressful to say the least (I hate being late) and very cold as this adventure took place in -15 degree weather and light snow.

But I made it to my shoot and the day became much improved. The team at the shoot was very easy-going and fun. Jennifer did some amazing makeup on me and shooting with Desiree was close to effortless.  I also shot a couple of photos with a fellow model at Elite. Luckily we hit it off because we were basically still introducing ourselves while we wrapped our arms around each other’s lingerie-clad bodies for the pictures. There is no room for shyness at photo shoots.


I always love to have fun on my shoots so when Desiree mentioned having a stuffed version of a character from What The Duck and that photographers at Humber College have been incorporating him into their shoots for a contest I immediately offered to take a shot with him.