Back to the Basics with JBell

Monday, June 17, 2013

Let's dust off this blog and put some modeling pics on it shall we?

I admit I love having stylists dress me up in fashionably ridiculous outfits and having makeup artists transform my face into a much more glamorous version of itself. It's like playing dress up and makes for some pretty cool photos.

But on the other hand it is so refreshing to grab a pile of my own clothes, do my hair and makeup how I normally would, and go shoot one on one with a photographer that will shoot me as myself. This was my fourth time shooting with Jonathan Bell and first time since I started traveling with my work.

This shoot was the simplest I had done in a long time. Two people, a car as a change room and a couple of outfits to style. And I couldn't be more in love with the outcome. As much as I love the glamorous shots, these photos are just more me. With a bit of JBell grittiness thrown in of course.

Sometimes you just have to go back to the basics.