Traveling is not my favourite thing

Saturday, June 18, 2011
View from the Airport Express Train
But I made it! I'm currently laying on my bed in my new apartment. I've met two out of the four roommates so far but they are out right now. I have the rest of the day and tomorrow free then I have to be at my agency Monday morning and I already have two castings to go to on Monday afternoon.



The traveling went smoothly, thank god. My only difficulties came from trying to use a payphone and getting two suitcases through a small gap. My flight from Vancouver to Beijing was 11 and a half hours starting at 3am Pacific time. Thankfully I managed to sleep most of it. The connection was boring but I met an Australian guy that was on both of my flights and he gave me a bit of a Cantonese lesson. Then another 3 hour plane ride from Beijing to HK and I was there. US Customs makes China's a joke. He looked at my passport and the tiny form I had to fill out and that was that. Not a single question! Then after a difficult payphone incident that resulted in me going to Starbucks to get change I hopped on the Airport Express and made it to Central HK where I was picked up by agency members who taxied me to my apartment.

I have four roommates right now. Three guys and one girl. I've only really talked to one guy so far and he's from Vancouver! Very cool. So far I have a room to myself but it has bunk beds so if anyone else shows up I guess I will be sharing. I will probably leave most of the exploring till tomorrow because i am just too tired.

View from my apartment bedroom